My name is Olivier Bruchez. To make it short, here's my Twitter bio*:
"Software engineer living in Switzerland, working at EPFL, passionate about software development (incl. Scala), science, technology, philosophy, music, and more."
* Dynamically retrieved from Twitter, of course!
About this website
This site is meant as a central repository for my public lists and documents, which were previously stored on Github, Google Drive, etc. It was also an excuse to start a new programming project, using Scala, Play, Akka, and more.
I have a blog on Blogger since September 2006. It is not completely integrated with this website yet, but I'm working on it.
Here are my latest posts:
- 2019-11-30: Top IMDb
- 2019-11-22: Mr. Robot
- 2019-10-03: Cap Nord
- 2019-03-31: Point méditation : début 2019
- 2019-01-24: 2018 en chiffres
I'm also on Twitter since February 2008.
Here are my latest tweets:
- 2019-12-06: Même en Suisse, ça va dans le bon sens. :) https://t.co/1h9HwUfbuM #modernité
- 2019-11-07: Note to myself: "Start before you think you’re ready" https://t.co/8kqXdylOjU
- 2019-11-01: "I really want kids. [...] The only thing I want more [...] is to not have kids." —Tom Bilyeu https://t.co/icS4oJ5ZRK
- 2019-10-08: "The CD-ROM format is so incredibly unreliable that all of the layers of error corrections require 2.33 GB to encode 650 MB of usable data." https://t.co/ytzQfQbOIg
- 2019-06-29: RT @AustinJ: TIL that if you go North of the Arctic Circle in the summer and bring a MacBook with Night Shift set to be triggered by sunris…
What have I done lately?
The last books I read, concerts I went to, movies I saw, etc. Yes, I'm a list addict. This is a recurrent theme on this site.
|2019-11-03 - JazzOnze+ Festival Lausanne - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - Charles Lloyd & Kindred Spirits - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - District Five - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-09-27 - The Black Shoe's Button - La Cave du Bleu Lézard, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-07-12 - Chick Corea - Montreux Jazz Club, Montreux, Switzerland|
|2019-11-09 - Fondation Pierre Gianadda, Martigny, Switzerland - Rodin – Giacometti|
|2019-07-31 - Narvik War Museum, Narvik, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-25 - World Heritage Rock Art Centre - Alta Museum, Alta, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-22 - Polarmuseet, Tromsø, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-20 - Frognerparken, Oslo, Norway - Vigeland installation|
|2018-01-12 - Lucrèce Borgia - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-12-01 - L'Avare - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-11-11 - Le Direktør - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-27 - En découdre - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-19 - Wicked - Gershwin Theatre, New York, NY, USA|
|2019-12-06 - Making Sense with Sam Harris - Psychedelic Science - A Conversation with Roland Griffiths|
|2019-12-03 - Prince: The Story of 1999 - The Idolmaker|
|2019-12-03 - Waking Up Course - Live at the Wiltern - A Conversation with Mingyur Rinpoche|
|2019-11-30 - Making Sense with Sam Harris - Knowledge & Redemption - A Conversation with Lynn Novick and Jule Hall|
|2019-11-29 - Prince: The Story of 1999 - Rearrange|
|2019-09-14 - September 14-16, 2019: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2019-07-18 - July 18-August 2, 2019: Oslo / Northern Norway|
|2018-09-07 - September 7-16, 2018: Cala Mesquida, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|2018-03-09 - March 9-11, 2018: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2017-10-07 - October 7-22, 2017: Chicago / New Orleans / New York, USA|