My name is Olivier Bruchez. To make it short, here's my Twitter bio*:
"Software engineer living in Switzerland, working at EPFL, passionate about software development (incl. Scala), science, technology, philosophy, music, and more."
* Dynamically retrieved from Twitter, of course!
About this website
This site is meant as a central repository for my public lists and documents, which were previously stored on Github, Google Drive, etc. It was also an excuse to start a new programming project, using Scala, Play, Akka, and more.
I have a blog on Blogger since September 2006. It is not completely integrated with this website yet, but I'm working on it.
Here are my latest posts:
- 2017-05-17: Confort et Bois / Centre Romand de la Literie : notre mauvaise expérience
- 2017-05-14: Just asking questions
- 2017-04-05: Premiers pas dans la domotique
- 2017-03-07: I've heard it all
- 2017-02-18: Voyager : une source de créativité ?
I'm also on Twitter since February 2008.
Here are my latest tweets:
- 2017-05-26: RT @DanielMiessler: Priorities. https://t.co/cIHvLzP2Rq
- 2017-05-17: My iPhone in airplane mode (wi-fi off+no carrier) displaying notifications that can only come from the Internet. Has anybody seen this bug?
- 2017-05-15: RT @Distinctboxes: Mt Fuji, from the International Space Station. https://t.co/1wdjGnqXM4
- 2017-05-14: @DanielMiessler Re. "Watch Less TV, Read More Books". I'm struggling to read more books. I'm currently at 10-12 a year (mostly non-fiction).
- 2017-05-10: RT @Oatmeal: You're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you https://t.co/XwFjK9EOyl https://t.co/QRSalVfuKK
What have I done lately?
The last books I read, concerts I went to, movies I saw, etc. Yes, I'm a list addict. This is a recurrent theme on this site.
|2017-05-21 - Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy|
|2017-04-30 - Susan Wolf - Meaning in Life and Why It Matters|
|2017-03-31 - George Orwell - Nineteen Eighty-Four|
|2017-02-08 - James A. Lindsay - Life in Light of Death|
|2017-01-20 - Mark Manson - The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck|
|2017-04-04 - McCoy Tyner - Chapiteau, Cully, Switzerland|
|2017-04-04 - Colin Vallon - Chapiteau, Cully, Switzerland|
|2017-04-02 - Autour de Chet - Chapiteau, Cully, Switzerland|
|2017-03-26 - "La Bohème" opera - Opéra de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2016-11-04 - Aziza - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-04-21 - Kyoto International Manga Museum, Kyoto, Japan - Permanent exhibition|
|2017-04-21 - National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto, Japan - Postwar German Posters for Films / Permanent exhibition|
|2017-04-15 - Design Festa Gallery, Tokyo, Japan - Many small exhibitions|
|2017-04-15 - Nezu Museum, Tokyo, Japan - Permanent exhibition|
|2017-04-15 - Ghibli Museum, Tokyo, Japan - All Aboard! The Cat Bus to the Ghibli Forest / Permanent exhibition|
|2017-05-19 - A number - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-02-24 - On purge bébé - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-01-13 - L'enculé au chapeau - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2016-12-01 - Une femme à Berlin - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2016-11-25 - Dom Juan - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-05-24 - Waking Up with Sam Harris - The Path to Impeachment - Conversations with Anne Applebaum and Juliette Kayyem|
|2017-05-25 - Very Bad Wizards - Shame on You (with Jennifer Jacquet)|
|2017-05-18 - Waking Up with Sam Harris - Ask Me Anything 7|
|2017-05-17 - Unsupervised Learning with Daniel Miessler - Unsupervised Learning: No. 78|
|2017-05-17 - Waking Up with Sam Harris - What Should We Eat? - A Conversation with Gary Taubes|