My name is Olivier Bruchez. To make it short, here's my Twitter bio*:
"Software engineer living in Switzerland, working at EPFL, passionate about software development (incl. Scala), science, technology, philosophy, music, and more."
* Dynamically retrieved from Twitter, of course!
About this website
This site is meant as a central repository for my public lists and documents, which were previously stored on Github, Google Drive, etc. It was also an excuse to start a new programming project, using Scala, Play, Akka, and more.
I have a blog on Blogger since September 2006. It is not completely integrated with this website yet, but I'm working on it.
Here are my latest posts:
- 2019-10-03: Cap Nord
- 2019-03-31: Point méditation : début 2019
- 2019-01-24: 2018 en chiffres
- 2018-11-24: Retraite Vipassana : après
- 2018-10-17: Cheapest vegan omega-3 supplements on the market
I'm also on Twitter since February 2008.
Here are my latest tweets:
- 2019-10-08: "The CD-ROM format is so incredibly unreliable that all of the layers of error corrections require 2.33 GB to encod… https://t.co/nqnDOGctrf
- 2019-06-29: RT @AustinJ: TIL that if you go North of the Arctic Circle in the summer and bring a MacBook with Night Shift set to be triggered by sunris…
- 2019-05-25: "It is probably fair to say that Windows today uses backslash as a path separator because 50 years ago, TOPS-10 use… https://t.co/rM8d9KXzCr
- 2019-02-25: RT @paulg: Predictions about the future often turn out to be false, but I'm going to risk predicting a rapid switch away from meat at some…
- 2019-02-05: @dnaplaya I still don't hear the "ding dong" in "Pope". :) Do you have a timing? I do hear the single muted trumpet… https://t.co/sFhR1Vu8qk
What have I done lately?
The last books I read, concerts I went to, movies I saw, etc. Yes, I'm a list addict. This is a recurrent theme on this site.
|2019-09-27 - The Black Shoe's Button - La Cave du Bleu Lézard, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-07-12 - Chick Corea - Montreux Jazz Club, Montreux, Switzerland|
|2019-07-12 - Linda May Han Oh - Montreux Jazz Club, Montreux, Switzerland|
|2019-06-28 - Sting - Auditorium Stravinski, Montreux, Switzerland|
|2019-04-12 - Emile Parisien Quartet - Chapiteau, Cully, Switzerland|
|2019-07-31 - Narvik War Museum, Narvik, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-25 - World Heritage Rock Art Centre - Alta Museum, Alta, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-22 - Polarmuseet, Tromsø, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-20 - Frognerparken, Oslo, Norway - Vigeland installation|
|2019-07-19 - Frammuseet, Oslo, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2018-01-12 - Lucrèce Borgia - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-12-01 - L'Avare - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-11-11 - Le Direktør - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-27 - En découdre - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-19 - Wicked - Gershwin Theatre, New York, NY, USA|
|2019-10-10 - Making Sense with Sam Harris - Mind, space, & motion - A Conversation with Barbara Tversky|
|2019-10-08 - The Happiness Lab - The Unhappy Millionaire|
|2019-10-07 - Grand bien vous fasse ! - Pourquoi il ne faut plus avoir peur de vieillir avec Carl Honoré|
|2019-10-06 - Very Bad Wizards - Talking to Your (Alternate) Self [Ted Chiang's "Anxiety is the Dizziness of Freedom"]|
|2019-10-03 - Very Bad Wizards - Are You Free (to like the Chappelle special)?|
|2019-09-14 - 2019-09-14-2019-09-16: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2019-07-18 - 2019-07-18-2019-08-02: Oslo / Northern Norway|
|2018-09-07 - 2018-09-07-2018-09-16: Cala Mesquida, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|2018-03-09 - 2018-03-09-2018-03-11: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2017-10-07 - 2017-10-07-2017-10-22: Chicago / New Orleans / New York, USA|