My name is Olivier Bruchez. To make it short, here's my Twitter bio*:
"Software engineer living in Switzerland, working at EPFL, passionate about software development (incl. Scala), science, technology, philosophy, music, and more."
* Dynamically retrieved from Twitter, of course!
About this website
This site is meant as a central repository for my public lists and documents, which were previously stored on Github, Google Drive, etc. It was also an excuse to start a new programming project, using Scala, Play, Akka, and more.
I have a blog on Blogger since September 2006. It is not completely integrated with this website yet, but I'm working on it.
Here are my latest posts:
- 2020-06-27: A Guide to the Good Life: my notes
- 2020-05-03: COVID-19 : le point après sept semaines de semi-confinement
- 2020-04-22: Partager ses voyages
- 2020-04-04: De l'inutilité de l'armée suisse
- 2020-03-29: COVID-19 : le point après deux semaines de travail à domicile
I'm also on Twitter since February 2008.
Here are my latest tweets:
- 2020-04-27: @captain_says You're not alone. :) I absolutely love "Funky Design", but it's the live version from 9 Sept. 1995 (a.m.) that does it for me. It was on "The Park, Vol. 2" from Moonraker. The studio version is missing the "complete chorus", as you said.
- 2020-02-23: "Apparently very few people actually know how to program a computer" https://t.co/XKpA8HDBsa
- 2020-02-14: RT @buster: Imagine if someone had a button that could automatically trigger your anxieties, fears, and anger whenever they wanted to. Each…
- 2020-01-04: "Plants evolved caffeine to poison insect predators, and yeasts produce ethanol to destroy competing microbes." https://t.co/YH0Rpz8E5e #smbc
- 2019-12-23: I'm not completely sure about that (is the recording complete?), but Miles Davis' last song ever played live could be a Prince song. Nice. https://t.co/PfGddeucRx
What have I done lately?
The last books I read, concerts I went to, movies I saw, etc. Yes, I'm a list addict. This is a recurrent theme on this site.
|2020-05-23 - In Praise of Idleness|
|2020-04-12 - The Death of Hype: What's Next for Scala|
|2020-04-11 - Splendid isolation: how I stopped time by sitting in a forest for 24 hours|
|2020-03-29 - Boredom is but a window to a sunny day beyond the gloom|
|2020-03-22 - Why Is Uranus The Only Planet Without Interesting Features On It?|
|2019-11-03 - JazzOnze+ Festival Lausanne - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - Charles Lloyd & Kindred Spirits - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - District Five - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-09-27 - The Black Shoe's Button - La Cave du Bleu Lézard, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-07-12 - Chick Corea - Montreux Jazz Club, Montreux, Switzerland|
|2020-02-20 - Maison d'Ailleurs, Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland - Mondes (im)parfaits|
|2019-11-09 - Fondation Pierre Gianadda, Martigny, Switzerland - Rodin – Giacometti|
|2019-07-31 - Narvik War Museum, Narvik, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-25 - World Heritage Rock Art Centre - Alta Museum, Alta, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-22 - Polarmuseet, Tromsø, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2018-01-12 - Lucrèce Borgia - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-12-01 - L'Avare - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-11-11 - Le Direktør - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-27 - En découdre - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-19 - Wicked - Gershwin Theatre, New York, NY, USA|
|2020-07-23 - Making Sense with Sam Harris - The Nature of Human Nature - A Conversation with Robert Plomin|
|2020-07-19 - The Happiness Lab - How to Be a Better Ally|
|2020-07-19 - The Happiness Lab - The War For Kindness|
|2020-07-17 - The Happiness Lab - Demonic Possessions|
|2020-07-17 - The Happiness Lab - Dial D for Distracted|
|2020-07-25 - July 25-August 11, 2020: Bretagne / Brittany, France|
|2019-09-14 - September 14-16, 2019: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2019-07-18 - July 18-August 2, 2019: Oslo / Northern Norway|
|2018-09-07 - September 7-16, 2018: Cala Mesquida, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|2018-03-09 - March 9-11, 2018: Leukerbad, Switzerland|