My name is Olivier Bruchez. To make it short, here's my Twitter bio*:
"Software engineer living in Switzerland, working at EPFL, passionate about software development (incl. Scala), science, technology, philosophy, music, and more."
* Dynamically retrieved from Twitter, of course!
About this website
This site is meant as a central repository for my public lists and documents, which were previously stored on Github, Google Drive, etc. It was also an excuse to start a new programming project, using Scala, Play, Akka, and more.
I have a blog on Blogger since September 2006. It is not completely integrated with this website yet, but I'm working on it.
Here are my latest posts:
- 2020-02-28: Les podcasts que j'écoute (encore)
- 2020-02-17: Ecrire plus librement
- 2020-02-03: Learning How to Learn: my notes
- 2020-01-18: Le streaming va-t-il tuer la musique ?
- 2020-01-12: Lire plus de fiction II
I'm also on Twitter since February 2008.
Here are my latest tweets:
- 2020-02-23: "Apparently very few people actually know how to program a computer" https://t.co/XKpA8HDBsa
- 2020-02-14: RT @buster: Imagine if someone had a button that could automatically trigger your anxieties, fears, and anger whenever they wanted to. Each…
- 2020-01-04: "Plants evolved caffeine to poison insect predators, and yeasts produce ethanol to destroy competing microbes." https://t.co/YH0Rpz8E5e #smbc
- 2019-12-23: I'm not completely sure about that (is the recording complete?), but Miles Davis' last song ever played live could be a Prince song. Nice. https://t.co/PfGddeucRx
- 2019-12-06: Même en Suisse, ça va dans le bon sens. :) https://t.co/1h9HwUfbuM #modernité
What have I done lately?
The last books I read, concerts I went to, movies I saw, etc. Yes, I'm a list addict. This is a recurrent theme on this site.
|2019-11-03 - JazzOnze+ Festival Lausanne - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - Charles Lloyd & Kindred Spirits - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - District Five - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-09-27 - The Black Shoe's Button - La Cave du Bleu Lézard, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-07-12 - Chick Corea - Montreux Jazz Club, Montreux, Switzerland|
|2020-02-20 - Maison d'Ailleurs, Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland - Mondes (im)parfaits|
|2019-11-09 - Fondation Pierre Gianadda, Martigny, Switzerland - Rodin – Giacometti|
|2019-07-31 - Narvik War Museum, Narvik, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-25 - World Heritage Rock Art Centre - Alta Museum, Alta, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2019-07-22 - Polarmuseet, Tromsø, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2018-01-12 - Lucrèce Borgia - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-12-01 - L'Avare - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-11-11 - Le Direktør - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-27 - En découdre - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-19 - Wicked - Gershwin Theatre, New York, NY, USA|
|2020-02-24 - The Peter Attia Drive Podcast - AMA #3: supplements, women’s health, patient care, and more|
|2020-02-17 - Making Sense with Sam Harris - February 7, 2020 - A Conversation with Paul Bloom|
|2020-02-16 - Making Sense with Sam Harris - The Conversational Nature of Reality - A Conversation with David Whyte|
|2020-02-14 - The Peter Attia Drive Podcast - Richard Isaacson, M.D.: Alzheimer’s prevention|
|2020-02-13 - Very Bad Wizards - The Fraudulence Paradox (David Foster Wallace's "Good Old Neon")|
|2019-09-14 - September 14-16, 2019: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2019-07-18 - July 18-August 2, 2019: Oslo / Northern Norway|
|2018-09-07 - September 7-16, 2018: Cala Mesquida, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain|
|2018-03-09 - March 9-11, 2018: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2017-10-07 - October 7-22, 2017: Chicago / New Orleans / New York, USA|