My name is Olivier Bruchez. To make it short, here's my Twitter bio*:
"Software engineer living in Switzerland, working at EPFL, passionate about software development (incl. Scala), science, technology, philosophy, music, and more."
* Dynamically retrieved from Twitter, of course!
About this website
This site is meant as a central repository for my public lists and documents, which were previously stored on Github, Google Drive, etc. It was also an excuse to start a new programming project, using Scala, Play, Akka, and more.
I have a blog on Blogger since September 2006. It is not completely integrated with this website yet, but I'm working on it.
Here are my latest posts:
- 2020-12-17: La méditation rétrospective
- 2020-06-27: A Guide to the Good Life: my notes
- 2020-05-03: COVID-19 : le point après sept semaines de semi-confinement
- 2020-04-22: Partager ses voyages
- 2020-04-04: De l'inutilité de l'armée suisse
I'm also on Twitter since February 2008.
Here are my latest tweets:
- 2021-01-06: Encore for Keith Jarrett - E. D. Faulkin https://t.co/INsD097Azh
- 2020-12-28: RT @PeterAttiaMD: Psychedelic Santa; The dog that didn’t bark - https://t.co/jfMcdG4xyz
- 2020-12-01: Maybe I'll change my mind after a few months of use, but tab groups are just great, even if you usually don't have hundreds of tabs open (which remains a very bad idea anyway). #browsers
- 2020-11-25: @TheRobEsse I can't remember the last time I listened to an album, from start to finish, without doing anything else (e.g. driving, working, etc.). Maybe as a teenager? Or student? Listening to the latest episode of OBM made we want to do it again!
- 2020-04-27: @captain_says You're not alone. :) I absolutely love "Funky Design", but it's the live version from 9 Sept. 1995 (a.m.) that does it for me. It was on "The Park, Vol. 2" from Moonraker. The studio version is missing the "complete chorus", as you said.
What have I done lately?
The last books I read, concerts I went to, movies I saw, etc. Yes, I'm a list addict. This is a recurrent theme on this site.
|2020-12-31 - (Very) Basic Intro To Elliptic Curve Cryptography|
|2020-12-27 - Back pain is a massive problem which is badly treated|
|2020-12-20 - We Had the Vaccine the Whole Time|
|2020-10-21 - I Was Isolated for a Year in Antarctica—Here's What Surprised Me Most When I Came Back|
|2020-10-10 - Can You Overdose on Happiness?|
|2019-11-03 - JazzOnze+ Festival Lausanne - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - Charles Lloyd & Kindred Spirits - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-11-01 - District Five - Salle Paderewski, Casino de Montbenon, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-09-27 - The Black Shoe's Button - La Cave du Bleu Lézard, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2019-07-12 - Chick Corea - Montreux Jazz Club, Montreux, Switzerland|
|2020-09-20 - Spielzeug Welten Museum, Basel, Switzerland - Permanent exhibition|
|2020-08-03 - Port musée, Douarnenez, France - Permanent exhibition / Hent|
|2020-02-20 - Maison d'Ailleurs, Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland - Mondes (im)parfaits|
|2019-11-09 - Fondation Pierre Gianadda, Martigny, Switzerland - Rodin – Giacometti|
|2019-07-31 - Narvik War Museum, Narvik, Norway - Permanent exhibition|
|2018-01-12 - Lucrèce Borgia - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-12-01 - L'Avare - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-11-11 - Le Direktør - Salle Charles Apothéloz, Théâtre de Vidy, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-27 - En découdre - Pulloff Théâtres, Lausanne, Switzerland|
|2017-10-19 - Wicked - Gershwin Theatre, New York, NY, USA|
|2021-01-11 - Very Bad Wizards - The Long Slow Death That Is Life|
|2021-01-10 - Tribu - Dissocier l'œuvre de l'auteur?|
|2021-01-07 - Very Bad Wizards - The Loneliest Paper in Philosophy|
|2021-01-06 - Making Sense with Sam Harris - A Few Thoughts for a New Year|
|2021-01-06 - Very Bad Wizards - God Has No Mother (with Chris Matheson)|
|2020-09-19 - September 19-21, 2020: Basel, Switzerland|
|2020-07-25 - July 25-August 11, 2020: Bretagne / Brittany, France|
|2019-09-14 - September 14-16, 2019: Leukerbad, Switzerland|
|2019-07-18 - July 18-August 2, 2019: Oslo / Northern Norway|
|2018-09-07 - September 7-16, 2018: Cala Mesquida, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain|